Thursday, September 16, 2010

Assignment Received

At long last my email inbox beheld a message baring the domain of peacecorps.gov.  A lady by the name of Maureen Hermon wanted to call and speak with me in a final interview.  Somewhat unexpected and nervious we talked about some pre-departure and the usual culture shock stuff.  When I had an opportunity to break the flow of the conversation, I asked where she had served.  Paraguay.  AhHAHA!  The peace corps clearly had come around to there senses and Latin America was back on the menu!  This must have been a formality of checking up on the volunteers to make sure that nothing dramatic had happened over the year of WAITING until they were about to be sent over seas.  I learned three things from this interview, although the specific country couldn't be discussed over the phone, the departure date was October 4th, the job was Community Economic Development, and the region was Central America.  With those three points and the website http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/Timeline, the is Costa Rica!

Now that my head is realligning towards a job in a Spanish speaking country, my brain is on overdrive thinking in two languages.  Every action or command required additional effort to formulate the phase in Spanish.  Would have been nice to now about this while attending the best school for language training in the world, but I am overjoyed that after 27 months my Spanish will be through the roof.

More to come as progress is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment